Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sick Baby...more

Up all night with a sick (vomiting and diarreah) baby. Just when he started to feel better, this wicked virus took a turn (or it's another one on top of the respiratory infection). He's still stuffy, but the "output" is much greater than the "input" if you get my drift. And the drift...hmmm....it's unlike anything I've ever experienced for something so small.
Yes, of course, we went to the doctor - who said he was not dehydrated (thanks to pedialyte and my diligence in giving him 1/2 t. every 10 minutes for 3 hours). And yes, Gerard performed perfectly for this doctor (again), who just saw him 2 weeks ago when his hands and feet went blue.
Today he was grey. Yes, grey. I thought I might have to perform CPR...and I was prepared to do so! He was floppy like a rag doll and his eyes kept glazing over. I really thought he'd end up in the hospital. But I kept at it and fed him like a baby bird. He started getting color again around 12:30. At least our nanny agreed that he looked "very bad" this morning and she went with me to the doctor.
P.S. Michael left at 6:00 a.m. for AF duty. Isn't that just my luck? Let's hope tomorrow's better. Today's been pretty rough, we made it through. I counted... 13 diaper changes between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. I'm not even counting the times he went right after I changed him on the table. Poor fella!

No comments: