Monday, September 29, 2008

Nine Month Update

Gerard weight - 16.15 lbs. Height - 26.5" L Head - 17.1 "
Gerard is officially "on" the charts! He's in the 5% range for weight and height, and 7% for his head. Tremendous progress. These are "non-adjusted" numbers for prematurity. So he's moving along nicely. The doctor was very pleased with his progress, and he was a happy baby for the entire visit (until the very end when he got poked in the finger). That one took him by surprise.
Developmentally, he's starting to sit and balance, rolling from side to side like a wild man, and he loves to shake his head "no" when he's sleepy. He looks in directions when I point at something, and he loves tracking cars on the street. Gerard has the funniest laugh. He laughs really hard when I turn to look at him quickly. It's a fun stage. He's getting the hang of the eating bit, but still doesn't like bananas all that much. Ah well. He loves rice and oatmeal cereal, and sweet potatoes. He's eating @ 30 - 34 oz. per day of formula. That's quite a bit from the little cc's I used to log in his journal. I'm amazed at the amount of laundry such a little person can produce now that he can make a mess. He's wearing 6 months clothing now, and fits the 3-6 range most of the time.
We went to the last Saturday's farmer's market with Gerard and had a nice time getting our last watermelon of the season. Gerard always gets lots of attention, and this Saturday was no exception. I only regret that we didn't take photos. There's always next year. We had to put a new car seat in for him since his length has outgrown his old one. I'm going to miss the convenience of the infant carrier. He doesn't seem to mind riding rear-facing like I hear other kids fuss over. Let's hope it stays that way.
I'm posting today as I'm home with strep. I haven't been feeling so hot for the past couple of days, but today it finally got to me and I went to Instacare first thing this morning. Got some antibiotics so I hope not to infect the little guy and Michael.

No comments: