Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Little G with RSV


Poor Gerard got RSV on December 29, the day after his 3-year old mark wellcheck. It's been quite the drama. We had a sleepless nigh the 28th when Gerard was retracting and having a hard time breathing. His temperature was around 101 (nothing to be alarmed about), so I waited to take him in to the clinic in the morning. After haggling with the only receptionist that doesn't know us, one of our favorite nurses came up and saw Gerard right away. His O2 levels were 89, so she said, "You are not leaving this building." He ended up getting checked in, and chest x-rays were done to rule out pneumonia. He tested positive for viral RSV and rhinovirus. We stayed in the hospital untl Saturday evening, January 1, 2011. Happy New Year!

We are now home with O2, pulse-oximeter and the BBG (just like old times)...so we are all a little cranky. Gerard keeps making me laugh with cute sayings like, "I scared of you...I don't like this." (his response to the medical equipment in the house again). But my very favorite quote right now is, "Thanks, that's much better," after wiping his nose. And, "I need a tissue." - I'm not sure I said that until I was five!

Anyway, happy new year to family and friends. Sorry things have been sporadic, especially my blogging. I'm much better about facebooking, but I'm getting ready to put that aside. Too much spam getting access to my account. It's been a great way for me to connect with my old high school and grade school friends. And it's not all about Gerard - but a lot of it is. (smile). Bonne Annee!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: