Friday, February 13, 2009

Everything is good

Gerard's surgery went well. He didn't cry. He was fussy, but not horrible coming out of anesthesia. All in all, a very positive experience. He's had a fever (we think from the ear infection) and are waiting for that to drop. As soon as I get some extra minutes I'll post some pics. Sorry for the delay, but life has been way too busy.

Last week Gerard had his eyes examined (very good), his teeth checked out (not so good), allergy testing (he's allergic to eggs, peanuts, walnuts, and dog/cat). We can easily modify his diet, but the cat's going to be a hard one for us to give up. Sophie's been part of the family for 13 of her 15 years...and she's still a healthy and strong girl. Anyone know of someone looking to adopt a beautiful and well-mannered kitty, just give me a shout. It's a hard thing to do, but compromising Gerard's lungs any more than they already are is not an option. He has the predictors for asthma and his eczema is a sure sign that we must eliminate the animal from the house. Since I'm allergic as well, it's probably not a bad idea. I realized this last week when I was in Nashville and I had no allergy symptoms while I was away.

No comments: