Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Crazy Auntie Carla visiting from Little Rock

Carla's been here since Saturday and it's been fun, to say the least. She's been helping around the house with cleaning and cooking and feeding and we got to go to lunch yesterday. Lots of laughs, especially with the wonderful redneck stories and Southern references. Her last visit was 9 years ago and it's been way too long. We love our LR Auntie Carla! She asked me if the souls all go into the grain elevator? We also heard a hilarious "episode" of her sitcom based on a true story about a friend getting stung by a wasp (inside joke). Carla also has a issue with chocolate. She loves it. And she loves tea - so lots of tea was drunk and lots of jokes about me "hoarding" tea. The funny thing is, she bought me more tea today! Supporting my habit... Gerard's still on oxygen...as you can see (frown). I'll be downloading more photos after she leaves and I'm home alone moping again. I'll be able to laugh thinking back about all of our conversations about poop. For some reason, Gerard's backed up right now.

Another wonderful friend, Adrienne, has come and delivered meals. Thanks, Adrienne! Yummy, yummy stuff. I'm feeling really "full" these days - of good food and gratitude.

I had a wonderfully low blood pressure at the doctor's today. However, I'm coming down with something...some sort of upper respiratory/sore throat thing (viral). I also did something to my chest muscles that support the lungs with all the lifting (baby and car seat and gym). Good grief! I thought I was weak, but I guess I injured myself a little bit. Doc told me no more weight lifting or push ups (darn) for a while. I kind of like those orders for the next couple of weeks. More ibuprofen.

Michael's really busy with the end of the semester. We're both wondering how we'll survive this month at this point. But we will... we always do.

No comments: