Thursday, June 04, 2009

One of the beautiful people...long time ago!

This is a photograph of me at 18 years of age, freshman year at LSU. Had I been born in Utah, I'd probably already be married with a baby on the way! Some things are better off as they were - I wanted Gerard to be able to see this photograph so that when he's older, he'll realize that his "old mom" was a "young lady" back in the day... blonde, skinny (because I didn't eat), tan (used sunscreen), perfect skin, perfect teeth, flirty eyes, fabulous wardrobe (becuase mon-mon sewed up every thing I designed), a heart-breaker in a man's field...your basic nightmare! Of course, one year of architecture school wrecked my body and my immune system, but I did make good enough grades to get me to Louisiana Tech, my first choice of colleges. Gooooooooo bulldogs! (OK, so I do root for the tigers to this day, but still, LSU was in my backyard and I needed to get away)! For all my friends who wondered why in the world I would attend a "dry county" school...truth is, I really loved North Louisiana's rolling hills, clean air and the solitude of being up there. Yes, the sorority thing was not as cool having a "lodge" instead of a real "house" on the row, but I did get to continue to lifeguard, danced like a fool at Stow's, met Carla K., met Michael on a blind date, fell in love... made wonderful friends in the graphic design program after the big "switch" - and was selected in a big competition for a Rotary International Scholarship to study for a year at the Henry Moore Sculpture Foundation at the University of Leeds, England that completely changed my life! (No wisecracks Mike Dawson).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: