Saturday, June 27, 2009

Surgery

Sorry this has to be brief, but it's 1:15 a.m. on Friday night and I haven't slept much since Tuesday.

G's surgeries went well, but they had trouble managing his pain. Now they are not listening to my recommendations about medications for infection. G's vomiting a lot! He can't handle all the meds on his empty stomach. Hasn't eaten or drank - and when he does (like a bird) he throws it all up.

Rough times. It will pass, but the post-op stay was 48 hours and unacceptable. I had to call corporate to get something done about it. After that, we got a room in 20 minutes. Frustrating.


If the doctor doesn't listen to me tomorrow, I'm going to have to do something drastic, and will just pay the price later. Poor G. He's in a state of big swings of up and down - and he's exhausted. Slept most of the day hooked up to an i.v. Had to give him a strong narcotic tonight.


I'm going to sleep now. The hospital blocks internet connections for longer than 5-10 minutes and I'm about to get kicked off. More later.


I'm having better luck with facebook - so if you want information, you'll have to sign on to see photos there until we get home. And then...I'll be busy being a nurse again. Sorry everyone!


FYI - My Mom had a seizure yesterday and she's on anti-seizure medication. Poor Mamma. Please pray for her.

No comments: