Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 19 - Reading my book


Gerard Weight - 8 lbs. 7 oz.
Yesterday, Gerard weighed in at the doctor's office and is still gaining well. Good fat genes! He did really well (meaning he screamed at the right time and settled right down) when he got his RSV synegis shot. He acts like a gentleman in front of the doctor, which is nice, but doesn't help us to explain the little funny things he does that keep us up at night. Good little actor.

The doctor is concerned about his retracted penis (more so than last week's doctor), so we're going to Primary Children's in Salt Lake next week for an emergency consult and then certain surgery. Worst case scenario is that we'll end up in the emergency room earlier than our next Wen. apt. time at Primary's. We just have to make sure he has enough wet diapers in a day. Just what we need - more complications. It's called phimosis and I guess it's more common than we thought. People just don't like to talk about it. I don't blame them. It's frightening to see and it's even more frightening to me to know that he'll have to go under anesthesia at such a tender age and still on oxygen. Not good at all.

On the lighter side, Heather bestowed some wonderful books on Gerard for his library and we have a fun photo of him "reading" one of his new books during tummy time. Isn't he the little scholar? Poor kid doesn't have a choice! He loves the image of the butterfly and the banana. Heather's also been cooking some wonderful food and helping us with feedings. I'm going to cry when she leaves. Even though I'm not sleeping any more than usual, I feel better having an adult around to balance things out. Tonight's my all-nighter, so I'll sign off now.

No comments: