Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30 - Quiet Weekend


My boys... Mr. Big Stuff without his canula. Isn't he adorable with the triple chin?


March 30 - Quiet weekend with mommy and daddy and look at the new afghan!
It feels so strange to not log in Gerard's weight every time I log in. He'll get weighed and measured on Tuesday when the County Nurse comes to do a development assessment. That should be interesting...
Neat trick I learned yesterday morning. Yes, I had the dreaded night shift and the morning shift since Michael had to work all day Saturday. Michael snapped this photo before dashing out the door to the Science Olympiad. Don't ask. Doesn't it sound brainy and dorky for a Saturday morning? How could he leave us like this???? Could you?
We had a lovely little surprise in the mail yesterday from Aunt Bee in Charleston. She knit Gerard an afghan! Thanks Aunt Bee! We love it! This will certainly become a family heirloom. It reminded me of Grandma Ory who used to crochet many nice little things for my sister and I growing up. I've got some cute photos and a video - and I'm sure you'll be seeing more in the future. It's just perfect.
Yesterday Gerard ate and ate and ate! He must be going through a growth spurt. Today it's been much more stable and he's been quiet.

And...ta-da...(drumroll) - we keep taking him off of the canula he's doing just fine. See in the photos how his nose is exposed and the canula is sitting on the bridge of his nose? When I feed him this way his oxygen is higher than with the canula in his nose. Hmm...I predict he'll be off of oxygen by the end of the week. I just can't wait to not be stuck in the bedroom all the time! I'll actually be able to move him about in a sling. I'm also looking forward to getting those darned dots off of his face. He'll probably have some horrible red marks for a long time, but it will heal. Then we can have some nice photos taken and send them to all our friends who don't even know we had a baby. Won't they all be surprised!

Today I got to take in a yoga class for the first time in a long, long time. Who knew in Ogden that there would be a Sunday class at 10 a.m. I was shocked and awed. It wasn't in the Kripalu style that I am trained and love dearly, but it felt great anyway. The teacher even corrected me in down dog (I was testing her). I worked up quite a sweat doing almost nothing and I feel great having moved my body in ways that I haven't moved in a long time. Michael and I are going to try to work a couple of classes a week into our schedule for me to attend so I can have a little bit of balance in my life. All I can say is ahhhhhh... We need more days like today.

OK - for all of you people who wanted to help me early on and I couldn't accept your help or visits because I was so sick and couldn't handle it, bring it on! I know you don't want to bug me, but now I'm ready for healthy company. Please bug me now! I'll keep saying this over and over until someone calls me. I can be persistent. Even if you have not been. Hello! I'm desperate for adult and girlie conversation! Can you hear me now? If I don't answer the phone immediately, it's because I'm feeding or changing the G-Man. But I will get back with you soon. I promise. :) I'm begging you to call me! Don't make me beg!
For those of you not in Utah, it snowed again today. Pretty much all day until the sun came out 15 minutes ago. Happy Spring! I did see my miniature dafodills blooming in the garden. That just made me smile. Gardening season is near...
Also, Heather P., thanks so much for cooking all that delicious food before you left last week. We had pepper steak for dinner tonight (uninterrupted I might add) and it was wonderful! You're such a good cook and one of our angels here on earth. Bless you!

See the video below of Gerard loving his new afghan in Shivasana Pose courtesy of Aunt Bee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky, - - - I'm sitting here crying and looking at the little afghan, and feeling myself holding your little boy in my arms. Thanks for sharing this with me. I'll keep this grandmotherly/aunt feeling in my heart all day. I love you. Aunt Bee