Monday, January 07, 2008

Gerard is off the ventilator!

Today we hit another milestone. Yesterday, the doctors challenged Gerard by pulling him off the vent. It's official. He's gone 24 hous + without it, which is a wonderful accomplishment. Today I got to watch him throw a little fit while he was changed and yes...the waterfountain immediately after the diaper came off. Pretty darned cute. Then I got to hold him. Ahhhhhh... the feeling is simply wonderful and he likes it, too. Nice response in him actually lifting his little head and turning it from the left to the right side, right into the nook in my neck. He's still on oxygen, but it goes up so high when I hold him we have all the buzzers and ringers going off. Then I just hum and sing to him for a half hour into blissfulness. Here's a few photos from before the vent was removed. I'll have better photos tomorrow with fuzzy hair since he had a bath tonight. The nurse said he just loved it. Can't wait to see him.


No comments: