Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27 - Good Weekend


Gerard Weight - 4 lbs. 9 oz.
As you can see, Gerard is growing, growing, growing! He's taking feedings really well and is just starting to signal that he's ready to eat! (see the second photo)
Saturday (last) night we had a fun visit after an odd dinner experience of our own. Everything was going so well until a table of 21 showed up for a birthday gathering next to us. Yes, you read right, 21 people at a table. Why is that even allowed? That just about put us off our schedule since we were neglected. Good thing I didn't want dessert. Dinner was OK, but Michael and I were more interested in getting to the hospital to check out the little guy. Here are some photos from Saturday night and this afternoon (in random order).

And for those of you wondering - no...I still can't hear out of my right ear! It made watching the "two thumbs down" film we saw at Sundance a little difficult. It was not our best year for selecting films. If it makes distribution, I'll be surprised. Great cast, but "Transiberian" was a miss. Before the movie started, I saw someone from work who offered me some "non-nutritive" food of my own (chocolate covered raisins). Such an odd thing that I'm still not crazy about chocolate. Now what would life be like without loving wine and chocolate? I'm practicing liking it again...but I'm just not taking to it. All in all, a good weekend.















2 comments:

Shelley C said...

He's darling - and gaining weight so well!!

Anonymous said...

Yes - he's doing really well with feedings. Now if we could only get him to breathe...