Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Look - no oxygen tube! Gerard weighs in at 4 pounds!!! And...Daddy breaks a tooth.

Gerard weight =
4 lbs. 1 oz.

Yes...we are CELEBRATING!!!!!
Just when you think it can't get much more exciting at the homestead, Michael goes and breaks a tooth during dinner last night. I won't get into specifics, but he thought there was a "bone" in his dinner. (What we were eating was soft and could not have possibly had a bone in it) - So I said, "That's impossible! You sure that wasn't your own tooth?" He goes into the bathroom to check and I hear a comment that I won't write here. Yup...broke a tooth. After retrieving the mysterious "bone" from the trash can, I told him to call sweet Dr. Petty at home. He asked Michael a couple of questions and confirming there was no pain told him to call the office first thing this morning. By Noon today, he'll be getting his tooth repaired. Fabulous. Case closed. Thanks Dr. Petty!

Gerard is surprising all of us. I swear it's all the prayers and good wishes and yogis out there sending good vibes. Whatever the case, please keep it up. When I ask
ed about how he could be out "in the open" the nurse informed us that he was "out of the isolette because he has fat on his body now." Huh? Come again? He weighs 4 lbs.!?! That constitutes enough fat on his body. OK, so he's out of the isolette and has become the "boy in the bubble." You'll notice from his photos and video no oxygen tube. That's because now he gets to reside under the hat/bubble contraption that feeds him oxygen combined with humidity, but not in his nose, proper. The tubing was irritating him quite a bit and kept producing blockages (boogies) that was impeding his breathing. It looks funny but it should help him out. I'll be calling the nurse later this morning.

I'm still don't have much of a voice, but I feel better today. Ear's still under water. I get to visit my doctor again tomorrow and then our first meeting the pediatrician. That should be interesting...I haven't been to a pediatrician's office in over 20 years. Don't forget to click on the video to see the little guy trying to focus on his Daddy. The tube in his nose is his feeding tube.
Well, gotta go. It's time to pump!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO GERARD GO!!!! Get those LB's up there!!