Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18 - Pink Eye and Ear Infection = Frustration

Gerard's weight last night was 3 lbs. 12 oz. Isn't he amazing? The nurse was kind enough to tell Michael that I'm doing the right thing, as hard as it seems, by staying home and not going in while I'm sick. They wish everyone would follow instructions. Honestly, I know he wouldn't make it if he had what I have. All I can do is continue to provide milk that has tons of antibodies to this horrible sickness.

The nursing staff has given Michael the OK to visit, but he won't be holding him tonight. He has to scrub in real good and wear a gown, so that should be OK.

As for me, the doctor thinks I have a combo of both a viral and bacterial infection. Today my ears have been weeping with infection - talk about gross! Trying a new antibiotic tonight that's a bit stronger. My eyes are responding to the drops, which means bacterial pink eye. I'm still running a temperature around 100, which just makes me feel yucky. If my ears don't get better, it's back to the doctor again on Tuesday. I'm thinking positive, but feel like I've been hit by a truck. I've felt so bad that I haven't been able to read the many books so many friends have given me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, New family, and great relatives! I was delighted to get this blog link from my brother (your father, Becky) and be able to keep up with you and your little one (oops - Michael, too, of course).

As tiny as the little one is, he is just beautiful. The joy in your faces (both you and Michael) is just shining through, and makes me feel sooooo very proud and grateful that you all are working hard to get Gerard out into the world. I think you have him in a great NICU - according to all I have been reading; these people seem very concerned and compassionate to all three of you. Will check on you tomorrow.
Much love, Aunt Bee