Monday, February 11, 2008

Feb. 11 - Gerard Weight 5 lbs. 14 oz.




I imagine he'll be at 6 lbs. this week.
One of my favorite nurses, Lisa, was on duty tonight. She shared with me that she's expecting. Congratulations Lisa!!! Lisa was nice enough to help me with Gerard's bath, which is probably the scariest thing I have to do with him. He loves his bath...I think I've said that before. And he handles it like a champ.
Tonight he fed for 25 minutes with me (thank God no rejection today)!
Again I'm tired...but my doctor made me feel better about it. He said that anyone going through the one of five whammys I went through would be fatigued. He thinks I may be anemic. I lost over 30% of my blood count as of Jan. 1 - so my stores just may be too low to function well. He also thinks I can ditch the BP medication (I think that's a part of it as well). So, I'm weaning off that slowly over the next month. I won't ramble about my health anymore tonight. Just reading it wears me down.
I also got to see my therapist today, which makes me feel a little bit saner overall. I needed that!
And...great news for me. My friend Ruby is going with me to a movie and dinner tomorrow evening, which should pick up my spirits overall. We're going to see a chick-flick. I'll review it later.
The sun is shining today and the snow is melting. Hooray!



1 comment:

Paula G said...

He is sooooo cute!!!!
I said to Mark, "he almost looks chunky". He reminded me "it's hard for a 5 pounder to be chunky". But he is getting so big on my computer screen.
Have fun at the chick flick!