Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 14 - Happy Valentine's Day!




Gerard Weight - 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Today little Gerard was sleeping when I arrived, then wide awake. He does not like the feeding tube, but they had to feed him last night late dinner because he was pooped out from my visit. Not the first time I wear someone out! (no comments from the peanut gallery, please) -
Uneventful day for him overall. That's good!

Today I was traumatized. Not just a little. I went to BabiesRUs. Oh yeah - we are officially registered after I almost had a meltdown from product overload! I even had to call my secretary to tell her I didn't know what the hell I was doing! Could someone please direct me for a change! She cracked up and couldn't believe what I was saying. In fact, she almost fell out. (that comment is for Jim). Why didn't the Sippy Cups book warn me about this? I think Stephanie should have at least given a "new mom" the heads-up on this madness of marketing baby products. I had to leave and pump and eat...and return to buy stuff. Can you believe this crazy world we live in? How many varieties of this stuff do we really need in life? I only needed one, just one organic infant crib mattress. Anyway, you can see my ridiculously long, long list of "stuff" that I registered for on our registry and for those of you who keep asking...ask no more! You've got a shopping list. Yes, indeedy. Get shopping - enjoy! And don't forget...do I have to remind you again about the more manageable list at Babinski? tee hee Seriously, I don't care what clothes he wears until he's a teenager.
Then I'm sure I'll have an opinion about it.

No comments: