Sunday, February 03, 2008

Feb. 3 - The G Man is 5 lbs.!!!!


Feb. 3 - Weight today
- 5 lbs. 1 oz.

Yes, last night we celebrated the 5 lb. milestone. Go little guy! For the past few days Gerard has been having more "awake" time. Last night he stayed awake before, during and after feeding. That might not sound like much, but before that, we had to waken him to change, bath, feed, etc. Now he signals it's time to eat! It's time to visit! It's time to fuss! It's time to stare at your funny adult faces - especially that silly Bucs baseball cap that daddy loves to wear. In total, he's awake for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. That's a lot of time... Before, it was 15 minutes and he was sacked out. We're enjoying his little funny faces and I know it's crazy, but I like it when he fusses at the nurses (ha ha). Sometimes he likes his hands in the head box, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he doesn't mind having his diaper changes, sometimes he does. You get the picture. When he hears our voices he immediately gets quiet and looks around. So I guess he can hear OK. Better than me.

So much snow today that we didn't know if we'd get out to see him. Our friends Casey and Heather were so kind and generous to offer to take us in their four wheel drive truck in the whiteout conditions. We easily got 12" again today...another forecast that was WRONG by all counts. I sure hope it lets up. The doctor really wants me there twice a day for feedings. Especially now that he might be getting a bottle! A bottle! That is a big, big, big accomplishment. We'll know more tomorrow about that, but the nurses are amused that he's awake and saying "feed me" when they check on him earlier than scheduled.

Friday I experienced my very first "snow day" and used that time to go to the hospital twice. Got to bathe him Friday night and it was such fun. Enough of my rambling...here are some photos and video from Friday, yesterday and today.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz! Its Bill. Congradulations on the baby.

Anonymous said...

Email me when you get the chance. Your dad always blows up my email so you can get it from him.

ro2b51 said...

Hi Billy! Thanks, and great to hear from you.
OK deep fried...I don't know who you are and you didn't leave me your address? Who are you?
Becky