Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feb. 13 - Sleepy, not weepy, lots of peepee















Cool...my cell phone took these photos tonight. Some say he's looking like me. (I think so, too).

Gerard Weight - 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Gerard's weight is down because he had a diaper that put out as much as an entire day's worth yesterday when I visited him - in that one diaper! Just pee. Imagine that! He was given a dieuretic to reduce all the puffiness I had written about before. Guess there's something they can do for puffiness.

Learned today that he will NOT be going home on oxygen. Thank goodness! They will wait for his lungs to develop appropriately. This is of great relief to both Michael and I. Nurses say one thing one day and another the next. I won't get into it. But...there is a nurse who should not be our nurse (because her daughter is a colleague) - and she hasn't said anything. She's not a friend sort of colleague. I may have to say something to someone about the, um, ya know...HIPPA law!!!!!! It's so uncool. That I should have to bring their attention to this matter would be bothersome. If I get her again (because it makes me uncomfortable) I will say something. She's said inappropriate things to me before. Today she crossed the line telling me that my baby was going to be going home in the next few days. - As if! She's not the doctor and that sends conflicting messages.

On a nice note, I got to go out to dinner with friend last night and friends tonight. Maybe Michael should stay out of town more often. (Just kidding Michael daddy). You can take me out Saturday or Sunday to make up for Valentine's Day. Oh yeah, we don't really celebrate Valentine's Day now that we're parents!!!!!! Right? Actually, I have a very special surprise for Michael that I'll blog tomorrow.

http://pishposhbaby.com/st0754.html


Today I wasn't as weepy, but I was horribly sleepy. Every time I sat down, I fell asleep, thus the title for today's entry. I didn't even really wake up today until this afternoon, so I ended up working late. It all worked out. Miss you Michael!

No comments: