Saturday, February 16, 2008

Feb. 16 - Rootin' Tootin' @ 6 lbs.







Gerard Weight - 6 lbs. 2 0z.
Gotta love this weight progression!

I'm assuming that I don't need to explain the title of tonight's post. Little G, rootin' tootin' smelly man was in rare form tonight. Let's just say he definitely takes after his daddy... Lots and lots of tootin' which can only mean one thing - a big blowout is in the near future. Tonight I got a little upset. When I got out of the shower, Michael informed me that Little G's nurse called to let us know that he's back on the cannula as ordered by the NP. I'm starting to feel a little jerked around...so I'll be chatting with the doctor in the morning. I thought we decided not to do this to him again until the head box helped to clear up the snorty-nose. This particular NP hasn't even been in the room in over 6 weeks, so she's not familiar with the on-again/off-again cannula and head box business. If they take him off the cannula again, it won't be going back on for a while...which is going to be a setback. Plus, he loves to pull out anything on his face. He's good at it. Luckily, he's taking all feedings (up to 50 ccs) and doing great with me as well - so no gavaging for a couple of days.
This is more good news. So I asked his sweet nurse to keep an eye on him tonight for me. With three sets of twins in his NICU room tonight, it's going to be busy and noisy. Life has been busy today. Our friend Casey helped Michael to move furniture for Gerard from Salt Lake to Ogden. Then several hours of putting it all together. So for now, our master bedroom is nursery and our bedroom. A little crowded, but necessary for now. Big thanks to Stephanie, Kelley and Casey for helping to wrap up this major, major project. Now I have to finish sorting through boxes from when we moved in, get them out of the spare bedroom, paint and move G-man's furniture into his room. In the middle of the furniture installation we took a break to watch little Jack play hockey. Jack is going to be Gerard's new friend. Michael can't wait to have Gerard playing sports. Hmmmmmm... I think that's OK, as long as he can take ballroom dancing classes, too. And ballet. :) Michael's back in town, obviously. I missed him last week. He was so surprised to see how much snuggly pants has grown and filled out. He thinks Gerard looks like me...except for his dark hair. Believe it or not, I was a fair-haired baby. For Valentine's Day, I got this photo restored for him. He almost cried.

No comments: