Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Feb. 26 - We'll all be home soon. Tomorrow's going to be a big day!

Weight - 6 lbs. 15 oz. - He's totally going to be a big, big boy!











This morning started less than ideally. I got bumped from behind by a giant Cadillac something or other SUV turning left at the light after dropping Michael off at school. Just great. Exactly what I needed, right? After pulling over and taking a look at the lack of damage to the car, I just burst into tears. I had too much to do today to deal with a car accident from a woman who wasn't paying attention. First time I get a hug from someone after they hit me.! I'm OK. Everything is fine... Just a little more drama to add to the mix.

After that, I madly cleaned house to prepare for Gerard's coming home! After all, we have a belated birthday celebration! He's coming home! He's really coming home. No, I didn't forget he turned 2 months old on the 24th. Just waiting for a decent photo op. Photos of late just won't do for the "2 month photo" just yet. Happy 2 months, Gerard! Thanks, Rosemary for making me feel like a bad, bad mommy. :) Guilt always works.

Since he couldn't wait (he was smelly and hungry) for my evening visit, Little G had to get fed and bathed tonight before my arrival. When I walked in, his nurse Jenn was feeding him in one of her famous "wraps" - and he looked terrific. Here's a photo where she moves her head too fast so I didn't get a good focus. Gerard loves being held - it helps the gas issue.
Thanks for taking such good care of my little boy. See...happy baby in the vertical position.
I need to figure out what I'm eating that's causing his discomfort. From what I read, it's just about everything.
As odd as it sounds, Michael and I are going to miss the safety net of the NICU. We have spent a lot of time there (we're in the 9th week) and have gotten to know some really wonderful people. Sad to say, we're experiencing some co-dependence of sorts. We've decided this is perfectly normal. I'll have my therapist confirm this tomorrow, of course.

Tomorrow's post should be interesting. We'll take going away photos and coming home photos. I'm sure it will be interesting with all the home equipment... we will simply deal with what we're dealt. Signing off for my last good night's sleep for a long time. Goodnight and wish me luck!

1 comment:

BabyonBored said...

Hey fellow NICU'er, thanks for commenting on my blog! I try to comment on everyone's blog who comments on mine but that can be impossible. But I do respond to every email. Wow, your little boy is adorable and huge compared to how mine were. My Sadie is only six pounds seven oz NOW and she's three months old. She's still such a little bean it's crazy. Anytime you need to talk email me. Funny, no one at my NICU cared what I thought but they were pretty great.