Monday, February 25, 2008

Feb. 25 - Boarding In - Going home soon!

Weight - 6 lbs. 13 oz.

Little big boy is eating up to 70 cc's now! He's getting to be such a full-figured boy. Hard to believe how scrawny he started out. He's doubled his weight. Hooray! We decided that I am probably eating way too much fiber for him to process, and that's what is making him gassy. Rooming in last night was a fragrant experience. Hmmm... Poor G guy is affectionately called adorable nicknames like "stink bug" and "fartiest baby" - not my favorites, but pretty funny. Yes, I know it's my diet. I eat too many fruits and vegetables and it gets into my milk and voila!

Rooming in was exactly as I'd expected. Loud beeps and buzzing from the home equipment, gassy grunting from the baby, and a nervous daddy. This all mixes up for absolutely no sleep - well, maybe one hour. Welcome to the world of parenthood. Yes, yes... One panic moment, but outside of that, not a dramatic evening. Thanks again to the night shift for calming our nerves. Thanks, Jen! I even gave baby a bath unassisted with no problems. Whew. I'm ready to check out!

We're set for discharge on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to getting him home. Don't get me wrong, this NICU is one of the best in the country, and I'm lucky it's here. But there's something sweet about being able to roll over and see your baby sleeping right next to you in the crib. Lovely.

No comments: